Greek Q3 unemployment rises to 17.7 pct
ATHENS Dec 15 (Reuters) - Greece's jobless rate rose to 17.7 percent in the third quarter from 16.3 percent in the previous three-month period, as economic activity slumped, the country's statistics service said on Thursday.
This is the highest quarterly unemployment rate recorded since this data series started in 1998. The jobless rate in the third quarter of 2010 had been 12.4 percent.
Greece has already published monthly unemployment figures through to September.. The quarterly data are based on a bigger survey sample and provide detailed employment figures for each sector of the economy.
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data