Boat sinks off Indonesia coast, hundreds missing
JAKARTA Dec 18 (Reuters) - A boat carrying 380 migrants, most of them from the Middle East, sank off the coast of east Java in Indonesia and hundreds of the passengers are still missing, a senior emergencies official said on Sunday.
Seventy six people have been rescued, and hundreds of others are missing, said Sahrul Arifin, the head of emergency and logistic at the East Java Disaster Mitigation Centre. (Reporting by Olivia Rondonuwu)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994