Rapper shot to death in Atlanta
ATLANTA (Reuters) - Rapper Slim Dunkin has been shot to death in Atlanta, police said on Saturday.
Dunkin, 24, whose real name was Mario Hamilton, was killed on Friday at a studio where a music video was being filmed, Atlanta police said in a statement.
"Moments after his arrival, an argument began and the victim was shot," the statement said.
Dunkin was taken to Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital where he died a short time later.
He belonged to a group called 1017 Brick Squad, which includes better known rappers Gucci Mane and Waka Flocka Flame, according to the Atlanta group's Facebook page.
Police said there have been no arrests in the case thus far.
(Reporting by David Beasley; Editing by Jerry Norton)
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit