Lockheed in up to $980 million U.S. missile shield deal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Lockheed Martin Corp (LMT.N) has won a five-year follow-on contract worth up to $980 million for work on U.S. missile defense command control, battle management and communications, the Defense Department said Friday.
The ordering period under the sole-source contract is from January 1, 2012, through December 31, 2016, the Pentagon said in a digest item, without specifying the overall system at issue.
(Reporting By Jim Wolf)
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey