Samsung seeks to re-enter Japan TV market: report
(Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is planning to re-enter the Japanese flat-panel television market next year, the Nikkei business daily reported on Tuesday, without citing sources.
The South Korean consumer electronics giant had withdrawn from the market in 2007, the newspaper said.
Samsung is in talks with Japanese consumer electronics retailers Yamada Denki Co and Yodobashi Camera Co about handling its flat-panel televisions, the paper said.
(Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore; Editing by Joyjeet Das)
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow