Ascent Solar says China's TFG Radiant doubles stake
(Reuters) - Ascent Solar Technologies Inc said it will sell an additional 21 percent stake to TFG Radiant Group, in a move that will double the Chinese group's ownership in the U.S. photovoltaic cell maker to 41 percent.
TFG, a joint venture between Radiant Group and Tertius Financial Group, will purchase the additional stake in Ascent for $4 million, or about 50 cents per share, a 19 percent premium to the stock's Tuesday close of 42 cents on Nasdaq.
Last August, TFG snapped up a 20 percent stake in Ascent and the two parties agreed to set up manufacturing facilities in east Asia, in a deal valued at about $450 million.
The deal is expected to close within the next 90 days, Ascent Solar said in a statement on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Supriya Kurane)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Texas actress pleads guilty for ricin-laced letter sent to Obama