Japan looking at taking control of nuclear power -media
TOKYO Jan 6 (Reuters) - Japan's government is considering taking control of the nation's nuclear power plants away from private utilities, in a bid to improve accountability of the industry, the Yomiuri newspaper said on Friday.
The move comes as Tokyo Electric Power Co has fallen under criticism for its handling of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant crisis. (Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo, James Topham; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |