Japan looking at taking control of nuclear power -media
TOKYO Jan 6 (Reuters) - Japan's government is considering taking control of the nation's nuclear power plants away from private utilities, in a bid to improve accountability of the industry, the Yomiuri newspaper said on Friday.
The move comes as Tokyo Electric Power Co has fallen under criticism for its handling of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant crisis. (Reporting by Nobuhiro Kubo, James Topham; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions