- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Sixth night of violence in Sweden, but police say capital calmer |
- Justice Department defends journalist email search
TECHNICOLOR :Technicolor Announces Strategic Relationships with Intel, Samsung, and VIZIO to Bring Easily Accessible Content to Consumers across Devices
Technicolor Announces Strategic Relationships with Intel, Samsung, and VIZIO to Bring Easily Accessible Content to Consumers across Devices
Introduction of a Free Consumer App, M-GO, at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show
January 10, 2012 - Las Vegas, NV - Today at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show Technicolor unveils its new consumer brand, M-GO. This free app makes entertainment effortless and conveniently combines all of your media including movies, music, apps, live TV, and much more, in one easy to navigate location. M-GO offers seamless access to all your content across all connected devices, through a cloud-based experience. Technicolor also announces strategic relationships around M-GO with Intel® Corporation, Samsung, and VIZIO.
M-GO has a state-of-the-art discovery engine that quickly and painlessly gets consumers the content that they want to watch when they want it. M-GO can also be used with smart phones or connected tablet as a premium second-screen experience, when watching TV.
Said John Batter, CEO of M-GO, "We could not be more thrilled to be partnering with the leading technology brands to deliver the best and most immersive experience regardless of where, when, and how media is consumed."
Specifically, Technicolor is partnering with:
- Intel: M-GO will be available on Intel Ultrabooks(TM) devices through Intel® AppUpSM center, bringing high-definition, premium digital content for television, movies, music and apps to Ultrabooks and other Intel-based devices enabled by Intel® Insider(TM).
- Samsung: M-GO will be available on Samsung's 2012 Smart TVs as well as its Galaxy tablets and Blu-Ray Disc players. Additionally, with M-GO while watching a movie on the TV, you can simultaneously get bonus content, such as deleted scenes and games on your connected Galaxy devices.
· VIZIO: M-GO will come pre-loaded on VIZIO's televisions, tablets, Blu-Ray players and stream players that are part of the VIZIO Internet Apps(TM) Plus ecosystem, offering consumers the ability to easily access their library of content across device.
"Technicolor is at the intersection of content creation and distribution, and I strongly believe M-GO is the future of digital content discovery and delivery," said Frederic Rose, CEO of Technicolor.
"It is exciting to see M-GO premiering at CES. Stay tuned for more great things to come."
M-GO will be previewed at the 2012 International Consumer Electronics Show at Technicolor's booth, 8231 Central Hall. M-GO will launch and be available to US consumers in the spring of 2012, before going international in 2013.
Located in Burbank, CA, M-GO was elaborated in 2009 by Technicolor, home to industry-leading creative and technology professionals committed to the creation, management and delivery of entertainment content to consumers around the world. It was conceived with an eye toward further building on the company's long standing legacy in the content delivery and discovery space.
Press contact: 646-428-0620
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging and sound technologies, based on a thriving licensing business. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters and homes.
Euronext Paris: TCH www.technicolor.com
Caroline Ponsi - +33 6 07 90 25 59
Investor relations: +33 1 41 86 55 95
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: TECHNICOLOR via Thomson Reuters ONE