No indication Marine urination video fake: Pentagon
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Pentaton said on Thursday it had no information so far that casts doubt on the authenticity of a video showing what appear to be Marines urinating on the bodies of dead Taliban in Afghanistan.
"We don't have any indication that it's not authentic," Pentagon spokesman Captain John Kirby said.
"It certainly appears to us to be what it appears to be to you guys... troops urinating on corpses. But there's an investigation process ongoing. We need to let that work its way through to determine all the facts of the case."
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |