- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
Taiwan's Ma claims victory in presidential vote
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Incumbent Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou claimed victory in the island's presidential election on Saturday, pointing to smooth future relations with China and the likelihood of stepped-up economic integration.
"We have won," Ma shouted to supporters at his Nationalist Party headquarters in Taipei as they gathered in pouring rain.
(Reporting by James Pomfret, Editing by Jonathan Standing and Raju Gopalakrishnan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this