Taiwan's Ma claims victory in presidential vote
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Incumbent Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou claimed victory in the island's presidential election on Saturday, pointing to smooth future relations with China and the likelihood of stepped-up economic integration.
"We have won," Ma shouted to supporters at his Nationalist Party headquarters in Taipei as they gathered in pouring rain.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon |
- Moscow defies Kiev, orders aid convoy onto Ukrainian soil
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |