Taiwan's Ma claims victory in presidential vote
TAIPEI (Reuters) - Incumbent Taiwan President Ma Ying-jeou claimed victory in the island's presidential election on Saturday, pointing to smooth future relations with China and the likelihood of stepped-up economic integration.
"We have won," Ma shouted to supporters at his Nationalist Party headquarters in Taipei as they gathered in pouring rain.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in New York stable; nurse is virus-free
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement