Tim Tebow's Tumble Good News for 'Miss America Pageant' ratings
The spectacular flameout of Tim Tebow and his Denver Broncos in the NFL playoffs Saturday night may or may not crimp "Tebowmania," but early numbers suggest it gave a boost to the ratings for this year's "Miss America Pageant" on ABC.
While Tebow and his buddies were getting clubbed 45-10 by the New England Patriots on CBS, the beauty pageant thrived. And as the football game turned into a rout, it appears many viewers clicked away.
Building steadily throughout its two-hour telecast, the pageant's audience jumped by 2.8 million viewers and by 47 percent from its first half-hour to its final half-hour. In, fact during its final half-hour from 10:30-11 p.m., it drew an average audience of 8 million viewers and earned a 2.2 rating, 6 share with young adults 18-25.
With the exception of its New Year’s Eve programming, ABC scored its best non-sports adult 18-49 rating in the 2-hour time period in more than a year. Despite the big NFL competition, the pageant increased its overall audience and surged by 13 percent in adults 18-49 over last year’s broadcast. Those are its best numbers since 2004.
Related Articles: Tim Tebow Beats Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees All At Once
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data