President Obama to Visit Disney World to Boost Tourism
Congress has barely been in session for a day in 2012, and the president is already headed to Disney World.
Perhaps he's weary of the obstructionist Dumbos and Goofys on Capitol Hill, and reconciled to the fact that getting anything done in Washington is pure fantasy,
President Obama will fly to the Magic Kingdom at the Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Fla., Thursday to “unveil a strategy that will significantly help boost tourism and travel, an important sector in the U.S. economy,” according to a White House statement.
The event is styled as the president’s latest effort to push his “We Can’t Wait” jobs growth initiative, parts of which Obama has already enacted through executive order since Congress has largely stonewalled the proposed legislation.
It’s also worth noting that of the two Disney theme parks in the country, the White House chose the one located in the battleground state of Florida, which Obama won in his 2008 Cinderella run for president.Related Articles: Obama and Hollywood: A Compendium 'Glee,' Bieber Come Out for Obama's Easter Egg Hunt (videos)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'