Olympus shareholder sues execs for firing ex-CEO -report
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - An Olympus Corp shareholder filed suit on Tuesday against former chairman Tsuyoshi Kikukawa and 13 other executives for firing former president Michael Woodford without addressing his questions about past deals, damaging trust in the medical equipment maker, the Yomiuri daily said on Tuesday.
The shareholder, an individual investor residing in Nara, western Japan, is asking the current and former board members to pay a total 1.34 billion yen ($17.5 million)to the company, the Yomiuri said.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine