Olympus shareholder sues execs for firing ex-CEO -report
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - An Olympus Corp shareholder filed suit on Tuesday against former chairman Tsuyoshi Kikukawa and 13 other executives for firing former president Michael Woodford without addressing his questions about past deals, damaging trust in the medical equipment maker, the Yomiuri daily said on Tuesday.
The shareholder, an individual investor residing in Nara, western Japan, is asking the current and former board members to pay a total 1.34 billion yen ($17.5 million)to the company, the Yomiuri said.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official