Olympus shareholder sues execs for firing ex-CEO -report
TOKYO Jan 17 (Reuters) - An Olympus Corp shareholder filed suit on Tuesday against former chairman Tsuyoshi Kikukawa and 13 other executives for firing former president Michael Woodford without addressing his questions about past deals, damaging trust in the medical equipment maker, the Yomiuri daily said on Tuesday.
The shareholder, an individual investor residing in Nara, western Japan, is asking the current and former board members to pay a total 1.34 billion yen ($17.5 million)to the company, the Yomiuri said.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe eyes overseas hackers; stolen cards for sale online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter