Yankees keep pitchers Chamberlain, Robertson
(Reuters) - The New York Yankees have avoided arbitration with relievers Joba Chamberlain and David Robertson by signing the two right handers to one-year, non-guaranteed contracts, the American League team said on Tuesday.
Chamberlain, 26, is returning from surgery that sidelined most of the 2011 season.
He went 2-0 with a 2.83 earned run average in 27 relief appearances before undergoing surgery for a strained right flexor muscle in June.
Robertson, 26, was 4-0 and had a 1.08 earned run average in a team-high 70 appearances.
(Reporting By Gene Cherry in Salvo North Carolina; editing by Julian Linden)
- India trims perks for U.S. staff in dispute over envoy's New York arrest
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia |
- The Fabulously Entrepreneurial Life of Ronnie Biggs