EU to decide on Google, Motorola Mobility deal Feb 13
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - EU regulators set on Thursday a new February 13 deadline to decide whether to clear Google's takeover of U.S. handset maker Motorola Mobility after the Internet search engine came forward with new documents to support its case, the EU Commission said.
The EU executive last month suspended the previous January 10 deadline while waiting for certain documents from Google.
The world No. 1 Internet search engine wants to buy Motorola Mobility to boost its patent portfolio and compete better with rivals such as Apple.
U.S. antitrust regulators are also assessing the deal.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel