Simon Cowell to Take a Spin at DJ Talent-Search Show
Talent-show mogul Simon Cowell is hoping to spin his latest idea into another hit.
Cowell, the man who brought "American Idol," "America's Got Talent" and "The X Factor" to the world, is teaming up with Jada Pinkett-Smith to create a new show that will search for the world's greatest DJ.
The as-yet-untitled international project will be co-produced by Cowell's Syco Entertainment along with Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith's Overbrook Entertainment. Sony Pictures Television is partnering with Syco and Overbrook for the project.
"DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show," Cowell said of the venture.
Broadcast partners for the project in the U.S. and UK are expected to be announced soon.
Those hoping to see Cowell critique the scratching techniques of would-be superstar DJs are bound to be disappointed, however.
"Excited to announce new DJ show. I will NOT be judging this show," Cowell tweeted Wednesday. "Excited to be working with @jadapsmith. Stay tuned!"
Related Articles: British 'X-Factor' Star Chloe Mafia Fires Back at the Press, Simon Cowell From Simon Cowell to Piers Morgan, Meet Your British Invaders (Slideshow)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies