- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
Simon Cowell to Take a Spin at DJ Talent-Search Show
Talent-show mogul Simon Cowell is hoping to spin his latest idea into another hit.
Cowell, the man who brought "American Idol," "America's Got Talent" and "The X Factor" to the world, is teaming up with Jada Pinkett-Smith to create a new show that will search for the world's greatest DJ.
The as-yet-untitled international project will be co-produced by Cowell's Syco Entertainment along with Will and Jada Pinkett-Smith's Overbrook Entertainment. Sony Pictures Television is partnering with Syco and Overbrook for the project.
"DJ’s are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show," Cowell said of the venture.
Broadcast partners for the project in the U.S. and UK are expected to be announced soon.
Those hoping to see Cowell critique the scratching techniques of would-be superstar DJs are bound to be disappointed, however.
"Excited to announce new DJ show. I will NOT be judging this show," Cowell tweeted Wednesday. "Excited to be working with @jadapsmith. Stay tuned!"
Related Articles: British 'X-Factor' Star Chloe Mafia Fires Back at the Press, Simon Cowell From Simon Cowell to Piers Morgan, Meet Your British Invaders (Slideshow)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this