Fed's Bernanke to testify on economy on February 2
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke will testify on the economy on Thursday, February 2, the U.S. House of Representatives' Budget Committee said.
The appearance will come just a week after the U.S. central bank's announcement that it is likely to keep interest rates near zero for nearly three more years, a decision that may prove controversial with some Republicans.
Bernanke has come under attack from a number of Republican presidential candidates for the Fed's ultra-low rates policy.
(Reporting By Tim Ahmann, Editing by Gary Crosse)
- Thousands of Gaza civilians flee after Israeli warning |
- Russia threatens Ukraine after shell crosses border
- Three dead, two wounded in Pasadena, California shootings
- Teen survivor of Texas shootings says slain family members 'in much better place'
- Heavy fighting breaks out near Libya's Tripoli airport, seven dead