Natalie Portman to produce ABC pilot based on "Scruples"
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap.com) - Let it be known that ABC officially has "Scruples" -- and Natalie Portman is thrown in with the deal.
The network has picked up a one-hour drama based on the 1978 Judith Krantz novel "Scruples." Portman is attached to executive-produce, along with Tony Krantz and Annette Savitch.
The project, which comes via Flame Ventures LLC and Warner Bros. Television, is billed as a "sexy soap set in the late 1970s" that "follows a socialite who, following the death of her husband, seeks to open a fashion forward boutique in the heart of Beverly Hills."
The Krantz novel spawned both a sequel, "Scruples Two," and a 1980 miniseries starring Lindsay Wagner, Barry Bostwick, Kim Cattrall and Connie Stevens.
(Editing by Chris Michaud)
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections