Tom Hanks returns as an Oscar presenter
LOS ANGELES, Jan 31 (TheWrap.com) - Tom Hanks - an Academy governor, two-time Oscar winner and five time nominee - will serve as a presenter at the 84th Academy Awards, show producers Brian Grazer and Don Mischer announced on Tuesday.
Hanks has been a fixture at Oscar shows for more than two decades, with duties that have ranged from presenting the Best Picture award to making a film advising nominees on how to give good acceptance speeches.
He was also pulled out of the audience to participate in David Letterman's "Stupid Pet Trick" during Letterman's ill-fated stint hosting the show in 1995.
His is the most traditional Oscar booking to be announced so far; it came on the heels of Academy announcements that Jennifer Lopez and the cast of "Bridesmaids" would be presenters on the show.
The 84th Academy Awards will take place on Sunday, February 26 at the Kodak Theatre at Hollywood & Highland, with Billy Crystal as host.
(Editing By Zorianna Kit)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions