French govt sees Rafale India talks taking 6-9 mths
PARIS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Talks between France and India over the sale of 126 Rafale fighter jets should be wrapped up within six to nine months, French government spokeswoman Valerie Pecresse said on Wednesday.
"We are hopeful that these exclusive talks will be concluded six to nine months from now," Pecresse told a briefing with reporters.
President Nicolas Sarkozy has hailed India's decision this week to enter into exclusive talks with France's Dassault Aviation in a $15 billion contest to supply India with warplanes, after past attempts to sell the Rafale abroad failed.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early