- IRS official refuses to answer questions at scandal hearing |
- Global stocks, oil fall after Bernanke; dollar gains |
- Oklahoma tornado victims astounded at how they survived |
- CORRECTED-White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- British soldier hacked to death in suspected Islamist attack
IMF's Thomsen says Greece must step up reform, slow down on deficit
ATHENS Feb 1 (Reuters) - Debt-laden and recession-hit Greece must accelerate structural reforms and slow down on the deficit, the chief of the IMF's inspection team for Greece was quoted as saying by a Greek newspaper on Wednesday.
"We will have to slow down a little as far as fiscal adjustment is concerned and move faster - much faster - with implementing reforms," Poul Thomsen told Greek newspaper Kathimerini in remarks published in Greek.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this