Sharp to cut large-size TV panel output
TOKYO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Wednesday it will cut output of large-size television panels, and that it may use spare lines at its main Sakai plant in west Japan to make more small- and mid-size panels.
The maker of panels used in flat TVs and Apple Inc products also said it expects its LCD business to tumble to a loss of 19 billion yen ($249 million), instead of a 33 billion yen profit, in the year to March, amid weak demand for panels used in televisions. ($1 = 76.2500 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Reiji Murai and Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Suspect in two California deputy deaths charged with murder, carjacking
- Washington state teen shooter's family living in 'nightmare'
- Iraqi security forces and Kurds gain ground against Islamic State
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting