Sharp to cut large-size TV panel output
TOKYO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Japan's Sharp Corp said on Wednesday it will cut output of large-size television panels, and that it may use spare lines at its main Sakai plant in west Japan to make more small- and mid-size panels.
The maker of panels used in flat TVs and Apple Inc products also said it expects its LCD business to tumble to a loss of 19 billion yen ($249 million), instead of a 33 billion yen profit, in the year to March, amid weak demand for panels used in televisions. ($1 = 76.2500 Japanese yen) (Reporting by Reiji Murai and Mayumi Negishi; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Apple's iPhone sales beat Street but iPad volumes slide
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief