Sony expects around $3 bln loss in TV business in 2011/12
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp expects a 2011/12 loss in its TV business of 220-230 billion yen ($2.9 billion to $3 billion).
Masaru Kato, Sony's Chief Financial Officer, made the comment in a media after the company disappointed with a 91.7 billion yen operating loss in October-December that was worse than analysts' estimates.
($1 = 76.1300 Japanese yen)
(Reporting by Nathan Layne and Yoko Kubota; Editing by Joseph Radford)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video