Bridgestone to build $575 mln Vietnam tyre plant -paper
HANOI Feb 2 (Reuters) - Vietnam's northern port city of Hai Phong has approved the construction of a $575 million tyre factory by a subsidiary of Japan's Bridgestone Corp , the state-run newspaper Nhan Dan quoted municipal authorities on Thursday as saying.
The factory will start operation in 2014 and have a capacity of 24,700 tyres a day, all of which will be exported, said the report.
Macroeconomic instability in recent years has spooked some foreign investors, but businessmen and associations say Japanese companies, propelled in part by a strong yen, have been aggressively looking for opportunities in Vietnam.
(Reporting by Ngo Thi Ngoc Chau; Editing by Ed Lane)
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks