Bridgestone to build $575 mln Vietnam tyre plant -paper
HANOI Feb 2 (Reuters) - Vietnam's northern port city of Hai Phong has approved the construction of a $575 million tyre factory by a subsidiary of Japan's Bridgestone Corp , the state-run newspaper Nhan Dan quoted municipal authorities on Thursday as saying.
The factory will start operation in 2014 and have a capacity of 24,700 tyres a day, all of which will be exported, said the report.
Macroeconomic instability in recent years has spooked some foreign investors, but businessmen and associations say Japanese companies, propelled in part by a strong yen, have been aggressively looking for opportunities in Vietnam.
(Reporting by Ngo Thi Ngoc Chau; Editing by Ed Lane)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |