Areva CEO says close to uranium supply deal with EDF
PARIS Feb 7 (Reuters) - Nuclear reactor maker Areva is close to clinching a long-term uranium supply deal with French state-owned nuclear power producer EDF, Areva's Chief Executive Officer Luc Oursel said on Tuesday.
"This contract represents significant amounts of uranium," Oursel said on the sidelines of a renewable energy conference, without giving details.
Asked if Areva was close to a deal with EDF, Oursel said: "Close".
(Reporting By Benjamin Mallet; Writing by Muriel Boselli)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official