Amy Adams Starring in, Producing 'Object of Beauty'
Amy Adams will star in and produce "Object of Beauty."
The Oscar-nominee will partner with Maven Picture to bring the story of a social-climbing gallery dealer to the screen.
The part is far removed from the nice girls that Adams made her reputation playing in films like "Enchanted" and "Doubt" -- although she did memorably break type with her sexually confidant bartender in "The Fighter."
In "Object of Beauty," Adams will play Lacey Yeager, a clever young art entrepreneur. Over a decade and a half, Lacey flies from New York to Russia to Washington, D.C., to scout and buy art, steals a cherished family painting and sleeps with and disposes of several men, including one who becomes a famous artist.
The actress just wrapped production on the new Superman film, “Man of Steel,” and is about to begin production on “Trouble with a Curve" opposite Clint Eastwood and Justin Timberlake. She also will be seen in Paul Thomas Anderson's upcoming "The Master."
Maven Pictures launched in May 2011. Its first feature film, "Imogene," starring Kristen Wiig, Annette Bening and Matt Dillon, is currently in post-production.Related Articles: Amy Adams to Play Lois Lane in Warner's 'Superman'
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |