UPDATE 1-MasterCard doubles quarterly dividend
Feb 7 (Reuters) - MasterCard Inc doubled its quarterly dividend to 30 cents a share, a week after the world's second-largest credit and debit card processing network posted strong quarterly results.
The dividend raise comes five years after the company's last such move in 2007 to 15 cents from 9 cents.
The cash dividend will be paid on May 9 to holders of record of Class A and Class B common stock as of April 9, MasterCard said in a statement.
On Feb. 2, MasterCard reported earnings ahead of analysts' expectations, benefitting from consumers around the world using their cards more.
MasterCard's shares were up 1 percent at $393.76 on Tuesday afternoon on the New York Stock Exchange. They touched a lifetime high of $394.48 earlier in the session.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics