- UK opposition party leader says Google tax behavior 'wrong'
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One with Spielberg, Activision tie-up
- White House threatens veto of bill to bypass Obama on Keystone
- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Russia moves closer to jail terms for offending religion
NY Fed sells $6.2 bln in mortgage bonds to Goldman
NEW YORK |
NEW YORK Feb 8 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve Bank of New York said on Wednesday it sold $6.2 billion worth of residential mortgage-backed securities to Goldman Sachs Group Inc, its second major sale this year of assets acquired in the 2008 government bailout of insurer American International Group Inc.
The auction-based sale will enable the New York Fed, which handles the U.S. central bank's market activities, to recoup the remaining outstanding loan balance of $19.5 billion to the portfolio called Maiden Lane II. Credit Suisse Group bought a $7.01-billion chunk of the portfolio after an auction last month.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this