Obama budget to forecast $901 bln deficit in 2013
WASHINGTON Feb 10 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will unveil a budget on Monday that projects a $901 billion deficit in fiscal 2013 while earmarking billions of dollars for jobs and infrastructure, a senior White House official said on Friday.
Obama's proposal to Congress will forecast the deficit in fiscal 2012 at $1.33 trillion before declining the following year, when it will account for 5.5 percent of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), the official said.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |