Obama budget to forecast $901 bln deficit in 2013
WASHINGTON Feb 10 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will unveil a budget on Monday that projects a $901 billion deficit in fiscal 2013 while earmarking billions of dollars for jobs and infrastructure, a senior White House official said on Friday.
Obama's proposal to Congress will forecast the deficit in fiscal 2012 at $1.33 trillion before declining the following year, when it will account for 5.5 percent of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), the official said.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image