Obama budget to forecast $901 bln deficit in 2013
WASHINGTON Feb 10 (Reuters) - President Barack Obama will unveil a budget on Monday that projects a $901 billion deficit in fiscal 2013 while earmarking billions of dollars for jobs and infrastructure, a senior White House official said on Friday.
Obama's proposal to Congress will forecast the deficit in fiscal 2012 at $1.33 trillion before declining the following year, when it will account for 5.5 percent of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP), the official said.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack
- Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.