- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Rockets hit south Beirut after Hezbollah vows Syria victory
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
Thomson Reuters launches Datastream Professional
A comprehensive tool integrating top down macro-economic research with bottom up analysis in one powerful application
NEW YORK, February 13, 2012 - Thomson Reuters today announced the launch of a powerful, new tool that supports investment professionals' needs for tighter integration between macroeconomic research and fundamental analysis. Thomson Reuters Datastream Professional combines unrivalled economic research with cross- asset analytics and fundamental data in one integrated application. This supports Thomson Reuters goal to deliver superior content analytical tools to improve investment workflows and achieve increased alpha.
Alois Pirker of Aite Group said, "Datastream Professional is a valuable development for the investment community. Facing a vast amount of data, investors have been in need of a tool that allows them to analyze and focus on the assets and sectors relevant to them. The intuitive nature and the user- friendly interface of Datastream Professional enables users to easily explore an array of data to distinguish data applicable to specific needs and analyze that data for measurable trends."
As global events, such as the Eurozone and US debt crises, make a greater impact on financial markets, investors are placing increasing importance on top-down macro analytics to support their investment processes. Datastream Professional is a new product that combines the world's largest historical financial database, Datastream, with critical real-time market data, global news from Reuters and powerful analytical tools - all within the one solution. Together with leading fundamental data and asset analysis from Thomson Reuters, such as I/B/E/S estimates, StarMine equity analytics, ASSET4's environmental, social responsibility and corporate governance content, First Call broker research, StreetEvents corporate disclosure information, Datastream Professional makes it easier to identify global developments and target the right assets, sectors and countries to invest in.
Neil Masterson, managing director, Investors, Thomson Reuters said, "Challenging economic circumstances, growing sovereign debt and greater focus on new areas like the emerging markets are driving investment professionals' needs for a single tool that integrates top-down macroeconomic research and bottom-up fundamental analysis in one place. Datastream Professional is a major leap forward for the investment community and is designed to deliver the content, analytics and tools they need to spot opportunities quickly and test theories with greater confidence."
The platform's powerful search tool provides intelligent searching, ranking and filtering across all time-series and intuitively suggests links to relevant content, allowing the user to easily navigate and explore the range of data to identify their needs, whether news, indices, analytics or macroeconomics. It incorporates sophisticated charting and correlation analysis, making it easier to examine relationships and trends between assets at the touch of a button.
Thousands of pre-built economic charts, developed by Thomson Reuters and Fathom Consulting, are embedded in the system. These and others in the chart library integrate seamlessly with Microsoft Office applications and can be updated dynamically through the Datastream Professional connection. Professionals' own proprietary data can also be used alongside third party data. Team members can also collaborate in real time, adding comments, sharing insights with colleagues globally through instant messaging and chat-rooms.
Datastream Professional can be accessed via its secure, web-based solution, iPad, mobile devices or within Microsoft Office.
Notes to Editors
- Datastream: The industry's largest and most trusted set of macro-time series data. Containing up to 50 years of history on many series, over 3.5 million global financial instruments and indicators, more than 10,000 different fields, and more than 75,000 active (and 30,000 inactive) securities. Together they cover 175 countries in 60 global markets totaling over 140 million time series.
- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S estimates are the most widely-attributed global source of estimates data, relied on by 75% of Fortune 500 companies with forecast data collected from over 600 active brokers around the world.
- StarMine Analytics delivers alpha-generating intelligence unavailable elsewhere. This actionable information, fully integrated into Datastream Professional, alerts professionals to critical developments before they impact portfolio performance.
- First Call Research has a database with over 60,000 companies and over 10 million reports. With 3,000 new reports added every day. Nobody else has this depth and breadth of content.
- ASSET 4 database provides objective, comparable and latest company-reported environmental, social responsibility and governance information, built on over 900+ individual data points with full transparency on original data sources.
- StreetEvents is a one-stop application for accessing events, transcripts, briefs, SEC filings, and company guidance.
- Reuters is the largest international new agency with more journalists, more bureaus, and in more languages covered. Simply put, we provide the broadest and deepest economic, business and financial coverage out there.
- Fathom Consulting is an independent, global economic and financial market consultancy. For more information, visit www.fathom-consulting.com.
About Thomson Reuters
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals. We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial, legal, tax and accounting, healthcare and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization. With headquarters in New York and major operations in London and Eagan, Minnesota, Thomson Reuters employs more than 55,000 people and operates in over 100 countries. For more information, go to www.thomsonreuters.com.
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7542 6256
The owner of this announcement warrants that:
(i) the releases contained herein are protected by copyright and other applicable laws; and
(ii) they are solely responsible for the content, accuracy and originality of the
information contained therein.
Source: Thomson Reuters Corporation via Thomson Reuters ONE