Greek conservative leader yet to sign austerity pledge: source
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greek conservative party leader Antonis Samaras has not yet signed a written commitment to the country's international lenders on implementing an austerity package, a source close to negotiations on securing a new EU/IMF bailout said on Tuesday.
"So far Samaras has not given a letter of commitment and this is a problem," the source told Reuters on condition of anonymity.
His New Democracy party declined comment.
A separate source at the PASOK socialist party said its leader, George Papandreou, had already provided a signed undertaking to support the measures passed by parliament early on Monday.
(Reporting by Renee Maltezou; editing by David Stamp)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source