US and China discuss how to help Europe handle crisis
WASHINGTON Feb 14 (Reuters) - The United States and China will keep looking at how they can help Europe tackle its sovereign debt crisis, according to a joint statement released by the White House on Tuesday as Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping met with U.S. leaders.
"The United States and China are committed to continuing to exchange views on developments in European financial markets and discuss approaches that can support Europe's own efforts to respond to its sovereign debt crisis," the statement said.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |