Citigroup to pay $158.3 mln in US mortgage accord
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc has agreed to pay $158.3 million to settle U.S. civil claims that it defrauded the government with regard to some home loans extended by its CitiMortgage unit.
The settlement resolves claims under the federal False Claims Act, and concerned more than six years of misconduct, according to U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara in Manhattan.
It was approved by U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero in Manhattan, Bharara said.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections