Citigroup to pay $158.3 mln in US mortgage accord
Feb 15 (Reuters) - Citigroup Inc has agreed to pay $158.3 million to settle U.S. civil claims that it defrauded the government with regard to some home loans extended by its CitiMortgage unit.
The settlement resolves claims under the federal False Claims Act, and concerned more than six years of misconduct, according to U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara in Manhattan.
It was approved by U.S. District Judge Victor Marrero in Manhattan, Bharara said.
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Yamal, Russia's gas megaplan, becomes symbol of sanctions defiance
- Relief for Europe as Scotland stays in United Kingdom