Opposition re-elects Ghalioun as its head: source
DUBAI (Reuters) - Opponents of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad re-elected Burhan Ghalioun as head of the Syrian National Council, a senior member of the body said after a meeting in the Qatari capital Doha on Wednesday.
Opposition leaders last month agreed at a meeting in Istanbul to give Ghalioun a one-month extension as head of the council after earlier rejecting a draft accord he had signed with a rival opposition group.
(Reporting by Sami Aboudi Editing by Maria Golovnina)
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Putin rebuffs Obama as Ukraine crisis escalates |
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine