Congress negotiators complete payroll tax cut deal: aide
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bipartisan negotiators in the U.S. Congress on Wednesday reached a deal to extend a payroll tax cut and long-term jobless benefits, a Republican congressional aide said.
The action should clear the way for anticipated votes on the agreement in the House of Representatives and Senate, likely by Friday, before lawmakers leave for a week long break.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video