Congress negotiators complete payroll tax cut deal: aide
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bipartisan negotiators in the U.S. Congress on Wednesday reached a deal to extend a payroll tax cut and long-term jobless benefits, a Republican congressional aide said.
The action should clear the way for anticipated votes on the agreement in the House of Representatives and Senate, likely by Friday, before lawmakers leave for a week long break.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details