- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
Congress negotiators complete payroll tax cut deal: aide
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Bipartisan negotiators in the U.S. Congress on Wednesday reached a deal to extend a payroll tax cut and long-term jobless benefits, a Republican congressional aide said.
The action should clear the way for anticipated votes on the agreement in the House of Representatives and Senate, likely by Friday, before lawmakers leave for a week long break.
(Reporting By Donna Smith; Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this