Baidu reports jump in 4th-qtr profit and revenue
* Q4 Revenue $710.9 mln vs Street's $708.8 mln
* Q4 net income $326.3 mln
* Shares up after hours
SAN FRANCISCO, Feb 16 (Reuters) - China's top search engine, Baidu Inc, beat Wall Street's earnings estimates as its revenue grew more than 80 percent year-on-year in the fourth-quarter.
Shares of Baidu surged more than 4 percent to $147.64 in after-hours trade on Thursday.
Baidu said it expects first-quarter revenue of $666.5 million to $688 million . A nalysts polled by Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S were looking for revenue of $678.8 million.
For the fourth quarter, Baidu reported net income of $326.3 million, or 93 cents per American depositary share. Analysts, on average, were looking for earnings of 91 cents per ADS, according to Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S .
Baidu's revenue came in at $710.9 million , a hair above the average analyst expectation of $708.8 million. At this time last year, Baidu reported revenue of $371.3 million.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe