'Colbert' Cancels Tapings Without Explanation; New Episodes Expected 'Soon'
"The Colbert Report" canceled tapings Wednesday and Thursday, citing "unforeseen circumstances."
The Wednesday cancellation came at the last minute: A fan who had planned to attend Wednesday's taping tweeted an email from the show saying the taping had been canceled.
Also read: White House Nixes 'Colbert Report' Naturalization Ceremony (Exclusive)
Comedy Central said in a statement simply that "Due to unforeseen circumstances, the show will air repeat episodes on Wednesday, February 15 and Thursday, February 16."
A person close to the show told TheWrap that it planned to resume original episodes "soon," but did not say when.
Colbert's publicist did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
Colbert has been silent on Twitter since sending this message Tuesday: "Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you're enjoying your flowers, or chocolates, or smug self-satisfaction at not celebrating Valentine's Day." His silence is nothing unusual, as he often goes days without tweeting.
Let the wild speculation begin. Here's hoping all is well in the Colbert Nation.Related Articles: Stephen Colbert's PAC Scores $1M (Video) White House Nixes 'Colbert Report' Naturalization Ceremony (Exclusive)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- Cyclone threatens to disrupt search for missing Malaysian plane |