'I Am Legend' Prequel Planned With Will Smith to Possibly Star
Warner Bros. is moving forward with its planned prequel to "I Am Legend," a studio spokeswoman confirmed to TheWrap.
The studio has deals in place with producer Akiva Goldsman and Will Smith's Overbrook Entertainment.
The follow-up to the post-apocalyptic thriller may star Smith.
Also read: 'Men in Black 3': Delays, Script Problems and Will Smith's Really Big Trailer
If the "biggest movie star in the world" does return it would have to take place before the events of "I Am Legend," because (Spoiler Alert!) things do not end so well for Smith's character Robert Neville in the first film.
It is easy to see why Warner Bros. is eager to bring back the end of days fun. "I Am Legend" grossed more than $585 million worldwide on a $150 million budget.
Deadline first reported that Goldsman and Overbrook had signed deals.Related Articles: Will Smith & Jada Pinkett Smith Deny Divorce Report 'Dark Knight Rises' Plot Spoiler Reveals ... The Wachowskis Eye Will Smith for WB's Urban 'Robin Hood'
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |