Romania nightclub blasts injure 17
BUCHAREST (Reuters) - Two explosions injured 17 people at a nightclub in the northern Romanian town of Sighetu Marmatiei, emergency services said Sunday.
The first explosion ripped through the club in the early hours of Sunday, injuring seven. A second blast at the building several hours later injured another ten people, said Cornel Babut, spokesman for the local Maramures emergency office.
"Seven people were injured in the first explosion and another ten in the second," Babut told Reuters. "We are checking what caused it."
Some of the victims were evacuated by air to the capital Bucharest, about 650 km (400 miles) away along snow-covered roads, for specialist burns treatment.
(Reporting by Sam Cage)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media