Poland - Factors to Watch on Feb 20
Here are news stories, press reports and events to watch, which may affect Poland's financial markets on Monday. ALL TIMES GMT (Poland: GMT + 1 hour):
Canadian Quadra FNX holds shareholders meeting in Vancouver at 1800 GMT on Monday with two-thirds of votes needed in favour of takeover by Poland's copper producer KGHM to seal the $3 bln deal.
Poland will issue some 6.5-7.5 billion zlotys ($2.05-2.36 bln) worth of infrastructure bonds this year with the first tender most likely in April and may also tap euro market with the papers, Dziennik Gazeta Prawna quotes Deputy Finance Minister Dominik Radziwill as saying.
JW CONSTRUCTION BONDS
A Western investor is interested in purchasing JW Construction's debt worth some 100 million euros ($131.63 million) the company could spend on investments, Puls Biznesu quotes the developer's owner, Jozef Wojciechowski, as saying.
Poland's coal companies will invest some 4 billion zlotys ($1.26 bln) in new capacities totalling more than 1.2 gigawatts, Rzeczpospolita daily estimates.
NOTE - For a diary of forthcoming events see and a calendar of east European economic indicators see .
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner