- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- UPDATE 2-United Dreamliner diverted due to possible oil filter problem
Celtics' Rondo suspended for throwing ball at official
(Reuters) - Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo has been suspended two games for throwing a ball at an official and striking him in the chest, the National Basketball Association (NBA) said on Monday.
Frustrated by the lack of a foul call on an opponent during the third quarter of the Celtics' 96-81 road loss to the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, Rondo threw the ball at the official, earning himself a double technical and automatic ejection.
The suspension comes at a bad time for a struggling Boston team who are on a three-game losing skid and have lost five of their last six.
Rondo will miss road games against the NBA champion Dallas Mavericks on Monday and Wednesday's meeting with high-scoring Kevin Durant and the Oklahoma City Thunder on Wednesday.
(Reporting by Steve Keating in Toronto; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this