Chiefs sign former Raiders cornerback Routt
(Reuters) - The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent cornerback Stanford Routt, the National Football League (NFL) team said on Monday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but a report on the NFL's website said the former Oakland Raider received a three-year contract worth $19.6 million.
"He's a talented player that has spent seven seasons in the AFC West, so he is familiar with us and our division opponents," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said in a statement.
Routt, 28, started 15 games for the Raiders last season, making four interceptions, but was recently released.
(Reporting By Gene Cherry in Salvo North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions