Chiefs sign former Raiders cornerback Routt
(Reuters) - The Kansas City Chiefs signed free agent cornerback Stanford Routt, the National Football League (NFL) team said on Monday.
Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but a report on the NFL's website said the former Oakland Raider received a three-year contract worth $19.6 million.
"He's a talented player that has spent seven seasons in the AFC West, so he is familiar with us and our division opponents," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said in a statement.
Routt, 28, started 15 games for the Raiders last season, making four interceptions, but was recently released.
(Reporting By Gene Cherry in Salvo North Carolina; Editing by Frank Pingue)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Cold, ice grip U.S. as more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'