Misys confirms approach from Vista Equity Partners
LONDON Feb 20 (Reuters) - Misys, the British banking software company that is in talks about merging with its Swiss peer Temenos, said on Monday it had received a rival approach from Vista Equity Partners.
The Financial Times had earlier on Monday reported that the private equity firm was lining up a 1.2 billion pounds ($1.9 billion) bid for the British company.
Shares in Misys were 8.3 percent higher at 335 pence at 1252 GMT.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance
- Ukraine ratifies EU deal, offers special status to rebels