- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Blur to play London's Hyde Park at Olympics closing
LONDON (Reuters) - British band Blur will headline a concert in London's Hyde Park that coincides with the closing ceremony of the Olympic Games, organizers said on Tuesday.
Highlights of the end of the Olympics will be beamed to tens of thousands of ticket holders in Hyde Park on August 12 via giant screens.
Joining Blur will be The Specials and New Order in a line-up being billed as "Best of British."
Tickets for the closing ceremony celebration concert go on sale on February 24 and cost 55 pounds ($87) plus a booking fee.
Another music concert will be held at the same venue on July 27 to mark the opening of the Olympic Games.
(Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this