J-Power halts 700-MW coal-fired unit after fire
TOKYO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Japanese utility Electric Power Development Co (J-Power) said it had halted operations at its 700-megawatt No.3 coal-fired unit at its Takehara plant in western Japan on Monday following a fire in one of the turbines.
J-Power is checking the cause of the fire and has no schedule for restart, a company spokesman said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest