J-Power halts 700-MW coal-fired unit after fire
TOKYO Feb 22 (Reuters) - Japanese utility Electric Power Development Co (J-Power) said it had halted operations at its 700-megawatt No.3 coal-fired unit at its Takehara plant in western Japan on Monday following a fire in one of the turbines.
J-Power is checking the cause of the fire and has no schedule for restart, a company spokesman said. (Reporting by Osamu Tsukimori; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions