- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
- NASA puts shuttle launch pad in Florida up for lease
TNT holder Jana withdraws board nomination request-source
AMSTERDAM Feb 23 (Reuters) - TNT Express shareholder U.S.-based investor Jana Partners has withdrawn its request to TNT's management to appoint new members to the supervisory board, a person familiar with Jana's thinking said on Thursday.
Jana sent a letter to TNT on Wednesday withdrawing a request they had made earlier this year for a board overhaul, the person familiar with Jana's thinking told Reuters on Thursday.
"In light of the discussions with UPS or a possible new bid, the company should focus on this deal or a deal to someone else," said the person familiar with Jana's thinking.
Running a contest to nominate new board members isn't "practical" at this time in light of current sale talks, said the person.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this