Clinton says Syria's Assad caused humanitarian disaster
TUNIS (Reuters) - Syria's President Bashar al-Assad and his security forces have brought about a humanitarian catastrophe in the country, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said Friday.
"The people who bear responsibility for this humanitarian catastrophe are Assad and his security forces," Clinton told reporters in Tunis after the inaugural meeting of the "Friends of Syria" group.
(Reporting by Arshad Mohammed; Writing by Christian Lowe; Editing by Sophie Hares)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video