Nike to launch Jeremy Lin-themed shoes
(Reuters) - Nike Inc will start selling Jeremy Lin-themed shoes this weekend, cashing in on the New York Knick point guard's recent rise to worldwide fame.
Priced at $130, the shoes will be available on Nike's website.
Nike said it will launch the Nike Zoom Hyperfuse Low basketball shoes, built especially for Lin, this weekend in Orlando, Florida, where the NBA is holding its All-Star festivities.
"It's not a signature line but a version of the shoe that he's been wearing this season," the company told Reuters.
Lin, the NBA's first Chinese-American player and a Harvard graduate, has rocketed from obscurity to global celebrity in just 12 starts for the Knicks.
The world's biggest sporting goods company, headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, signed Lin in 2010, and launched its "Linsanity" line of clothes at Foot Locker Inc stores last week.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting