Nikkei eases from 7-mnth high, fails to top 9,700
TOKYO (Reuters) - The Nikkei share average slipped from a seven-month high on Monday and failed to top 9,700 as domestic institutional investors took profits ahead of the key level, while a weaker yen against the dollar helped support exporters.
Among exporters, Honda Motor Co Ltd (7267.T) gained 1.6 percent and Canon Inc (7751.T) added 1.8 percent.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper pledges tougher security laws after attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown