- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
NY Fed sells off last of Maiden Lane II assets
Feb 28 (Reuters) - The Federal Reserve Bank of New York on Tuesday said it has sold off the last of the crisis-era Maiden Lane II portfolio, generating a net gain for taxpayers of $2.8 billion.
The New York Fed said the last sale, for assets with a current face amount of $6 billion, was to Credit Suisse.
The Maiden Lane II portfolio was created to absorb risky mortgage securities acquired in the government's 2008 rescue of insurer American International Group Inc.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this